Femi Adebayo Bio | Early Life, Career, Net Worth
He is a trained lawyer, born on December 31, 1978. Aside from that, he is a notable actor, as well as a movie director and producer.
Femi Adebayo was appointed the Special Adviser to the Governor of Kwara State on Arts, Culture, and Tourism in2016. His father is the veteran Nollywood actor Adebayo Salami.
We will discuss more of the outstanding facts about this experienced actor.
As stated earlier, Femi Adebayo was born on December 31, 1978, in Lagos, Nigeria, where his parents are based. His father hails from Ilorin, Kwara State but is based in Lagos.
His father’s name is Adebayo Salami (Oga Bello), a pioneer member of the Association of Nigerian Theatre Art Practitioners (ANTAP).
Read also: Saheed Balogun Bio | Early Life, Career, Net Worth
Femi Adebayo had his secondary school education at C&S College Ilorin and later proceeded to the University of Ilorin for his bachelor’s degree in Law.
He later moved to the University of Ibadan for his Master’s degree in Law. After that, he practiced law for a couple of years, but his main interest is acting.
His acting career started in 1985, and he was given a role in the movie Ogun Ajaye; Adebayo Salami, his father, produced the said movie.
Since he started his acting career, Femi Adebayo has featured in more than 500 Nollywood movies and won several awards.
There is a long list of awards to his name, proving his worth as an outstanding actor.
Few of the movies he had starred in include the following:
- Santo Alapaha
- Wura Ati Fadaka
- Ma Wobadan
- Apaadi was released in 2009
- Alitalia was released in 2013
- October 1 released in 2014
- Sola Arikusa released in 2017
- Heaven on My Mind was released in 2018
- Mokalik was released in 2019
And many others.
Femi Adebayo is currently the owner of J-15 Media Network Nigeria.
Femi Adebayo is a married man, and the name of his wife is Omotayo Adebayo. The couple got married on October 9, 2016.
The marriage is blessed with a son. Before meeting Omotayo, he had another wife with whom he fathered three children.
Read also: Fathia Balogun Biography | Early Life, Career, Net Worth
After his break up with his first wife, he remained unmarried for eight years before marrying Omotayo.
As stated earlier, Femi Adebayo has won several awards since he ventured into the Nigerian movie industry.
Some of the awards are highlighted below:
- Best Movie Producer of the Year (Yoruba) at the 2015 edition of the City
- People Entertainment Awards
- Best Actor of the Year (Yoruba) at the 2017 edition of the City People Entertainment Awards
- Award for the Best Indigenous Movie (Yoruba) for Etiko Onigedu at the 2018 edition of the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Yoruba) for Lucifer’s movie at the 2020 edition of the Best of Nollywood Awards.
What is Femi Adebayo’s net worth
His net worth is estimated to be $500,000, which is about N206 million. He is, therefore, one of the richest Nollywood actors of today.