Alex Ekubo BiographyAlex Ekubo Biography | Career, Personal Life, Net Worth
Ekubo’s complete name is Alex Ekubo-Okwaraeke, born on the 10th of April 1986.
He is a trendy actor and also doubles as a model. He was the first runner-up at the 2010 edition of the Mr. Nigeria contest.
He has equally won several awards since he started acting in movies. We will reveal more interesting facts about this talented actor in the remaining part of this write-up.
Alex Ekubo Biography | career
His first acting role was in a movie titled Sinners in the House. The film was released in 2005 and was produced by Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen. However, he only played a minor role in this movie.
Several years later, he featured in another film titled Ladies Men, and this was the first movie in which he was given a significant role.
Since he started acting to date, Alex Ekubo had featured in several movies, some of which are highlighted below:
- Aina was released in 2011
- Weekend Getaway was released in 2012
- True Citizens was released in 2012
- In the cupboard released in 2012
- Dream Walker was released in 2013
- Keeping my Man released in 2013
- Lagos Cougars released in 2013
- Champagne was released in 2014
- Single, Married, and Complicated released in 2014
- Ifedolapo was released in 2014
- Gold Digging was released in 2014
- Undercover Lover released in 2015
- All that Glitters released in 2015
- The First Lady was released in 2015
- Gbomo Gbomo Express was released in 2015
- Death Toll released in 2015
- Entreat released in 2016
And so on.
Alex Ekubo Biography | Personal life
Alex Ekubo originates from Arochukwu in Abia State, Nigeria. He had his secondary education at the Federal Government College Daura, Katsina State.
Upon graduation from secondary school, he got admitted to the University of Calabar to study Law.
He equally bagged a diploma in Law from Calabar Polytechnic.
Alex Ekubo is single but has a fiancée. The name of his fiancée is Fancy Acholonu. They announced their wedding date on Instagram on the 10th of May, 2021.
They proposed it hold their traditional wedding on the 20th of November 2021 in Imo State and plan to hold their white wedding on the 27th of November in Lagos State.
Alex Ekubo Biography | Awards
- Alex Ekubo has many awards to his name, and some of them will be highlighted below:
- The Most Promising Actor in the 2012 edition of Best of Nollywood
- Awards for the movie titled In the Cupboard
- The Best Supporting Actor in the 2013 edition of the Golden Icons
- Academy Movie Awards for the movie titled Weekend Getaway
- Best Supporting Actor in the 2013 edition of the Best of Nollywood
- Awards for the movie titled Weekend Getaway
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role (English) in the 2020 edition of the Best of Nollywood Awards for the movie titled The Bling Lagosians.
What is Alex Ekubo’s net worth?
His net worth is estimated to be $900,000, making him one of the richest Nollywood actors.