Lil Kesh Biography | All There Is To Know About The Shoki Singer
His real name is Keshinro Ololade, and his stage name is Lil Kesh.
He is a very young Nigerian musical artist born on the 17th of March 1994. Lil Kesh is a songwriter, rapper, and singer. He remains open of the most influential artists in Nigeria today. His song titled “Shoki” shot him to the limelight and had been unstoppable since then.
Lil Kesh was born on the 17th of March 1994, as mentioned earlier. He was raised in Bariga, Lagos State, and studied Linguistics at the University of Ibadan. His interest in music came to manifestation long before he gained admission into the university.
However, he ventured into music entirely upon graduation from the university.
His music career did not start until 2012, and he began in Bariga. His first song was “Lyrically,” a song that became very popular across Nigerian universities.
He got a nomination at the 2015 version of Nigeria Entertainment Awards for the Best New Act. Olamide’s Y.B.N.L. Nation signed Lil Kesh.
However, he later left Y.B.N.L. to form his YAGI record label, an acronym for Young And Getting It). His music career is being managed by Massive Management. Lil Kesh currently resides in Lekki.
There is a similarity between the songs produced by Lil Kesh and Olamide. Olamide prefers to rap and sing in his local dialect, Yoruba; Lil Kesh also adopts this method.
Lil Kesh Biography
Despite his many great works, some individuals accuse him of not finding the right balance in his lyrics and using too much profanity.
Lil Kesh is a street boy, and he never hesitates to open up on that. He, therefore, directs his songs to the street since those are the propel he wants to listen to his songs.
His only album was released in 2016, and the album was titled Y.A.G.I. He was still with the Y.B.N.L. Nation when he released the album. Lil Kesh has so many singles to his name.
Some of them are:
- Lyrically, Shoki and Shoki Remix released in 2014
- Gbese, Efejoku, and Is it Because I Love You released in 2015
- Ibile and Bend Down Select released in 2016
- Again O and Flenjor released in 2018
- Undertaker released in 2019
- All The Way released in 2020.
In his music career, Lil Kesh can boast of having several nominations and bagged awards.
Some of his nominations are highlighted below:
- Best New Act to Watch at the 2015 edition of Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- Popular Song of the Year at the 2015 edition of MTV Base Music Award
- Next Rated award at the 2015 edition of The Headies
Lil Kesh Biography | The awards to his credit are:
- Celebrity Award for the Song of the Year at the 2015 edition of the Nigerian Teen Choice Awards
- Popular Song of the Year at the 2015 edition of City People Entertainment Awards
What is Lil Kesh Net worth
His worth is about $1 million. He has several cars to his name and also has series of endorsement deals.